"My treatment opened doors which helped me a great deal"

About: Inclusion Matters Liverpool

(as a service user),

I have had eye movement desensitization and reprocessing therapy on and off for the last few years. It took me a while to put my trust with my therapy. My treatment opened doors which helped me a great deal but on the same it helped me to see a more clear picture of my past which I would to have liked to see. I still have a long way to go.

The down side is waiting to be assessed is too much of a wait, plus I needed a lot more sessions.

Response from Tracey Murden, Inclusion Matters

Dear Cold604,

I am pleased to hear that you have found EMDR helpful in your journey to recovery. I'm sorry you had to wait some time for your first appointment. We understand how difficult this is for people and are making every effort to reduce the time people have to wait. I am pleased to be able to say that the majority of people are now able to commence therapy within 4 weeks of referral,

EMDR is an evidence based time limited therapy and often we find that people continue to improve even after therapy has ended. There is also the possibility of having a further course of therapy in the future should you need it.

With best wishes for your on-going recovery