"Bad experience"

About: William Harvey Hospital

Lack of attention given to my brother who was the patient, left for long periods of time without being checked even though he was losing blood every 20 minutes and vomiting. Moved from private room to shared ward then back to private room even though staff were aware of my brother having diarrhea. My brother arrived at the William Harvey Hospital at about midnight on Thursday 7th August 2014 and on Saturday 9th finally was diagnosed with E.Coli. The drip he had from Thursday to Saturday was the wrong drip not hydrating enough. My brother was lucky not to get kidney failure! Many mistakes were made along the way. I am shocked with the lack of competence of the staff. One doctor even at one point was suggesting a drug that would thin my brothers blood. When loosing blood this is not what we expected to hear. The doctor once checking on the idea and changed their mind. Just awful. I hope never to be a patient at this hospital. CDU staff and Cambridge M2 ward staff need improving.

Thank you for your feedback which we do take very seriously, I am sorry to read of your brother's experience. Please do get in touch with me by email and if your brother is happy to talk with me about his experience I can ensure that we address the concerns you have raised. My email address is Julie.pearce1@nhs.net. I hope your brother is now recovering well from his illness.