"My Heart attack without warning"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Cardiology Wishaw General Hospital / Cardiology

It was my Wife's birthday and we were out for lunch. At the time my health was fine and I had no warning that a heart attack was imminent. I suddenly felt pains in my left arm and chest so on our way home we stopped off at our local surgery. They immediately called an ambulance and made me comfortable till it arrived. I was rushed the few miles to the nearest hospital where I was checked out before being taken to the Coronary Care Unit.

I quickly felt better and thought I was a fraud and should not be kept in bed. However the staff insisted and I relaxed and enjoyed the enforced rest. After a few days I was moved to a ward to await a transfer to another hospital for an angiogram which showed that I had a minor blockage in an artery which is now being treated with medication.

Response from Gillian Corbett, Chief of Nursing Services, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Nickle,

I hope you have continued to make a good recovery and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I will pass your comments to the teams involved in your care, who are always pleased to receive feedback direct from patients.

Kind Regards,