"Cancelled appointment"

About: Derriford Hospital

Arrived for appointment in out patient on 7/8/14 only to be told my appointment had been cancelled, apparently y a letter had been sent out on the 23rd July informing me of cancellation I told the receptionist that I didn't receive a letter and to please find out the reason for the cancelled appointment. The reason given was " he's off sick and has been for a while and we do t know she. He's back" I was then told again that I had been informed by letter! I assured the receptionist that I hadn't received any letter from them! Guess what arrived the very next day 9th Augast? A letter of cancellation!

Response from Genny Turner, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous,

I am sorry to hear that your appointment was cancelled.

If you would be kind enough to call out Patient Advise Liaison Service (PALS) telephone 01752 432564 giving us more detail, we will be able to liaise with the department and try to book you another appointment.

Apologies again

Best wishes

Genny

Response from Derriford Hospital

Good morning, I am sorry to hear that your appointment was cancelled. If you would be kind enough to call out Patient Advise Liaison Service (PALS) telephone 01752 432564 giving us more detailed information, we will be able to liaise with the department and try to book you another appointment and investigate this for you. Apologies again Best wishes Genny