"My care was excellent"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS) The Princess Royal Hospital / Ear, Nose and Throat

Everything about my care was excellent.

Traqs was a waste of time. I already knew who I would be seeing as I have had ENT appointments before.

Traqs is an unnecessary layer of admin which was not up to a good standard.

Response from Helen Handy, TRAQS & CAB Co-Ordinator, Telford and Wrekin CCG

Dear Lost194

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our request for feedback.

I am pleased to note that you were able to arrange an appointment at the hospital of your Choice. However, not all patients know where they wish to be seen and appreciate the opportunity to be able to have additional information to enable them to make an informed Choice about where they can attend for their treatment. Due to local capacity issues which have lead to a lack of local appointments TRAQS are able to offer patients alternative hospitals if the patient is happy to travel further for an earlier appointment if there are no available appointments locally.

TRAQS are able to offer appointments at hospitals within England on the NHS. Since we began in June 2012 TRAQS have been able to help over 83000 patients to arrange a suitable appointment and the majority of feedback we receive is extremely positive.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments with the team. We appreciate all feedback as it is used to help us to develop the service further for the benefit of local patients within our area,

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

Thank you for your comments which will be forwarded to TRAQS Di Davis Patient Advice and Liaison Service