"My experience with TRAQS was very poor"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

(as a service user),

My overall experience was good, however my experience with TRAQS was very poor. My referral was not submitted by TRAQS until 8 days after my GP appointment. Then I had to wait a further 2 weeks, during this time I contacted TRAQS who were extremely defensive of the service. I was not complaining, simply chasing up my referral. I was told there had been a delay due to the number of patients they deal with- which frankly is a poor explanation. My referral was then handled by my GP so I feel the TRAQS system is a complete waste of time!

Response from Sharon Clennell, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG – TRAQS Operations Manager, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG We have made a change

Dear Opal388,

Firstly please accept my apologies for the customer service that you received.

Traqs can only process your referral once we have received your letter from your GP, the GP may not generate the referral letter straight away, it maybe done a few days letter as the secretary needs to be given to type the letter.

I accept that the reason you were given for the delay in processing your referral upon TRAQS receipt is not sufficient. We have agreed turnaround times for all parts of our process, therefore the explanation you were given is very poor, and I apologise for that.

If you would like to contact me on the details below I would be very interested in ascertaining who you spoke to, as all calls in TRAQS are recorded, I can determine this from your booking reference number. I will reiterate to the team that this is not an acceptable reason to give patients whose referral is delayed.

Once again please accept my apologies on behalf of the service.

kind regards,