"You made us feel we were cared about"

About: Heartlands Hospital / Ear, Nose and Throat

My husband is prescribed a drug every 28days by the immunology dept which we collect in person. We were a week late this time, and the consultants secretary rang us at home to check that we were alright.

Last Friday we had two appointments in the morning. We were walking along hospital street when we were greeted warmly and given a hug from a senior pharmacist we have had dealings with over the last two years.

Our next stop was ENT. The audiologist we saw was superb. She listened to my husbands concerns, and handled the issues with sensitivity. She included me in the discussion too.

That all happened in the space of three days. It made us feel like real people, who were cared about. Thank you! !

Response from Matthew Cooke, Deputy Medical Director, Heart of England Foundation Trust

Many thanks for posting this. I am very pleased to hear that the staff you and your husband met were so caring and made you feel at the centre of your care. I will pass this on to the departments concerned but if you do remember the names of the staff please do let me know. I would also like to thank them.