"Cook4Life- Sherwood Pines"

About: Specialist services / Nutrition & dietetics

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

A Cook 4 Life course was delivered to participants at The Environmental Hub near Sherwood Pines. Participants commented on the course;

‘My wife is a brilliant cook; she went to college and taught cooking so, I thought, we were well versed in good and bad food. However, this course has opened up new horizons and emphasized what I thought I knew. I found the course very informative especially the different parts such as 5 A Day and portion sizes. It departmentalises everything rather than getting confused. This is shown through cooking. The course is well worth doing. ’

Others added:

‘I’ve enjoyed the course and it has improved my confidence’

‘I especially liked preparing foods. It is an excellent course and has made me look at healthy living more closely’

‘It was nice that the learning was fun and interactive rather than being bossed about’

Response from Lynn Hagin, Head of Nutrition and Dietetics, Nutrition and Dietetics Service, County Health Partnerships

Thank you for all the comments, it is great to hear that you enjoyed the course, found it interactive and are feeling more confident about food and healthy eating.

I will pass the comments on to the team who deliver the sessions.