"No complaints about service or care"

About: Royal Shrewsbury Hospital / Gastroenterology Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

Over the past 2 ½ years I have suffered with abdominal pain which is severe. Started to lose blood so was admitted to telford hospital twice in may 2014.

Blood count /iron levels remained low when released from hospital. Following numerous referrals /scans/blood transfusions/iron infusions I have now been diagnosed with a condition called sturge weber. This is controlled by having iron infusions every 8 weeks and taking pain relief.

I am under one care of a haematologist for iron and gastrologist at Shrewsbury hospital. Two weeks ago I blacked out at work. Visited my GP who has now referred me to a neurologist – This is my latest referral but still see haematologist & gastrologist on a regular basis.

I have no complaints to make about any of service / care I received.

Response from Cathie McKenzie, Patient Advisor, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for your feedback which is much appreciated.

Although your referral was processed by the TRAQS team we note that your comments relate to Princess Royal Hospital NHS Trust/Royal Shrewsbury Hospital NHS Trust and as such we are unable to comment on their behalf.

Please may we direct you the Patient Advice Liaison Officer (PALS). They will be able to take your comments further on behalf of the individual hospital concerned.

PALS PRH - 01952 282888

PALS RSH - 01743 261691

Thank you again for taking the time to respond.

Response from Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your treatment Di Davis Patient Advice and Liaison Service