"Utter frustration at the lack of communication."

About: Royal Preston Hospital

My husband had an angiogram 18 weeks ago performed (with difficulty) for the second time. We were told the consultant would speak to us after the procedure, unfortunately this did not happen. From the report our GP received it would appear that a heart by pass was the only solution. This would be difficult because of previous surgery. To date, after three enquiries and no response, we are beginning to wonder if an appointment at Blackpool is even being considered. I have been a volunteer at Preston hospital for 18 years as a thankyou for some wonderful surgery carried out on two occasions on my husband, that being the only way I could show my appreciation.

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties your husband has encountered in seeking information on his ongoing care, and can appreciate how worrying that is for you both. Can I suggest you contact our PALS department on 01772 522972, who will be happy to liaise with the department regarding this matter on your husband's behalf.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

We're sorry to hear of your husband's experience and appreciate the distress caused by the uncertainty of not knowing what his treatment plans are. Can I suggest you contact our PALS department, who will be very happy to liaise with the relevant departments to seek answers to your queries.