"Poor post operative care"

About: William Harvey Hospital

My mother was cared for on this unit last week. Staff were only interested in moving her out of the bedded bay into the chair room. Her observations were out of the normal range, for example her Oxygen levels were low and pulse 50 beats higher than when she was admitted. And she felt dizzy. One nurse took her to the toilet and then left her to walk back alone. They then moved her , promising to continue with monitoring. However they only monitored her again when we asked. One nurse on finding her pulse to be 118 said oh the monitors not right we will ignore that ! Did she check it manually ? No. This unit is an accident waiting to happen.

Thank you for your feedback which we take very seriously for learning. Please do email me on Julie.pearce1@nhs.net and I will investigate this further. It would be helpful for me to know which ward this took place. I hope your mother is recovering well.