"Collapsed lung treated in a and e"

About: Eastbourne District General Hospital

I was brought in by ambulance as I had sever chest pain with breathing difficulties the paramedics were lovely. Took straight into a cubicle majors seen by a nurse then waited for the doctor who was excellent made me very comfortable explained I needed a chest xray took some blood even a venous blood gas. The doctor was rather good as I'm scared of needles then the nurse cared for me, who was the best nurse in the department, and always looks after me when I go to hospital. I was given some pain relief got the results of chest X-ray to be told I have a. Collapsed lung which is why I'm in pain special doctor came straight down and let me home as it's only a small tear to go to the ward next Friday for follow up first class service may need it drained which I'm dreading was told of pain get worse or breathing to go straight back to a and e. Thank you a and e for looking after me.

Response from Eastbourne District General Hospital

Dear Sarah We're so pleased to receive your positive feedback outlining the care and attention you received at the A&E department at Eastbourne DGH. We will make sure your posting on NHS Choices is shared with staff. It means such a lot to staff to receive positive feedback reflecting their dedication, hard work and commitment to providing the best possible care for all patients. It is extremely kind of you to take the time to provide feedback and we hope that you are now feeling better. Sending you our kindest regards and wishing you well with your follow up treatment.