"Big improvements for my eczema"

About: Moorfield Clinic / Dermatology

I had eczema all my life but in my 30s and 40s it wasnt there. As I got older it got worse, but I controlled it with tropical; steroid until 4 years ago when it got worse and GP wouldn't give me any steroid cream but only give me moisturizer. The eczema was out of control by then. I then went to A&E which they give moisturizer that didn't work so in desperation I book myself in private in private hospital in which I saw private dermatologist, I had steroid cream zipzoc and bandages and it did work but I was still itching and flaring.

I finally got referred to Bradford NHS Dermatology and saw derm doctor at Bradford who prescribed topical creams and rv for 6 months.

I then went to Leeds Teaching Hospitals for allergy testing but couldn't do it because skin was active. Finally I did allergy test and was reacting to dust mite. Still itching I went back to see my GP who I saw and I was referred to the Moorfiled Clinic. I saw Kerry Ann who assessed my skin to see what topical medication I needed. Within 4 weeks the itching had almost stopped and my skin has improved 85%. I am very graetful and so is my husband.

Response from Louise Thornton, Customer Engagement Manager , Adults Planned and Health and Wellbeing Business Unit, Locala Community Partnerships

Hi Shirley

It sounds as if you have really suffered with your skin over the years. I was glad to hear once you had been assessed and treated by Kerry-Ann things have improved. Please keep up the good work and I will share your post with Kerry-Ann.

Louise Thornton