"Hospital absolutely great, appointments secretary..."

About: Clifton Hospital

I had a great experience when visiting the hospital, but when I had to re-arrange my next appointment because the one I received coincided with another appointment, that was a whole different experience. The lady was very offhand and abrupt. For someone working in a caring profession, she was far from caring. The appointment was for an unpleasant procedure as it was and the last thing I needed was to feel like I was troubling someone, which was how she made me feel.

Response from Paul Jebb, Assistant Director of Nursing (patient experience), Clinical Governance, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Claire,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your experience when contacting the appointments office at Clifton Hospital. I am sorry that the member of staff you spoke to when rearranging your appointment was offhand and abrupt. I will be raising this issue with the Administration Manager, for her to further investigate.

I am pleased to hear that when you actually visited in the hospital you had a very different, much more positive experience.

Kind Regards

Paul Jebb

Assistant Director of Nursing (Patient Experience)