"Great experience"

About: Royal Blackburn Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I had a full hip replacement on Ward 15. My experience was a little like a four day holiday.

The approaches to the ward and the ward itself are very clean and cheerful even at 07: 00 in the morning.

I was made very welcome by nurses, auxilliaries and support staff.

No fuss in the ward; clean and efficient with a professional, friendly ambience.

All was explained and i was put at ease.

Surgery was a great experience and was carried out under spinal.

After care and food good.

Thanks to mr. Kamath and a very professional, happy, well-organised staff.

Response from Wendy Stobbs, Patient Experience Manager, East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear 'the bald crusader'

Many thanks for your comments about your recent stay on Ward 15, I'm really pleased to hear you had such a good experience of care from us and I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team.

If you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient throughout our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Wendy Stobbs) on 01254 734471 or email me on wendy.stobbs@elht.nhs.uk.

Best wishes for a continued recovery

Response from Royal Blackburn Hospital

Dear Bald Crusader First of all apologies for the lateness of this response Patient Opinion did not notify me that you had commented and this has only now be notified through NHS Choices which I appreciate is 9 months later. Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Ward 15 at Burnley General Hospital, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team who will be very pleased to hear that your experience of carer with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care. If you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Wendy Stobbs) on 01254 734471 or email me on wendy.stobbs@elht.nhs.uk. Or if you would like to share your experience in confidence with an independent organisation please contact Healthwatch BwD on 01254 504985 or info@healthwatchblackburnwithdarwen.co.uk Many thanks again for commenting, best wishes on your continued recovery and apologies again for the late reply Wendy Stobbs, Senior Patient Experience Facilitator