"Prompt, efficient and professional "

About: Royal Shrewsbury Hospital / Ophthalmology Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

Following a gradual deterioration of the sight in my right eye, I was referred via my doctor (the secretary was brilliant in contacting TRAQS who in turn rang me that day to arrange a hospital appointment within a week)

Following excessive eye examinations at Shrewsbury Hospital, I am now on hourly drops to stabilise the eye, in preparation for a new cornea graft in the future. The waiting to see the consultant and not knowing what was wrong was very worrying.

Now following the the consultation we have a diagnosis and a plan of action.

Thank you for your prompt and efficient and professional approach.

Response from Cathie McKenzie, Patient Advisor, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Many thanks for your positive comments regarding the service you received from your GP Practice and TRAQS.

I am pleased that your experience was dealt with in a very friendly and professional manner by TRAQS.

With regard to the secretary at your GP Practice, it is always rewarding to receive positive comments; although TRAQS is unable to forward your comment to your GP Practice. Therefore, I suggest you may wish to contact the Practice Manager direct, who will be pleased to pass you comments on to the appropriate person.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment.

Response from Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Thank you for your kind comments which will be forwarded to the ophthalmology manager to share with the staff Di Davis Patient Advice and Liaison Service