"HASU - A Shining Example of the NHS"

About: Lister Hospital

My Father was admitted to the HASU late on a Friday night after suffering a very sudden stoke. He is in his early 50's so it was a great shock to us all. The staff on the ward were wonderful. They were kind, caring & compassionate. It was never a problem if we had questions & my Dad was well looked after during his stay. We all live very local to the hospital & as the food isn't the best (this is not a criticism of the HASU or the catering services in any way) we would bring him in home cooked food, which was also never a problem. In particular the Physio team were wonderful & gave him lots of encouragement & support in those first few shaky days. All of the staff we encountered in those 13 days of visits were kind, hard working & certainly attentive, but i suppose like most things you get out what you put in. I hope i never have cause to encounter these staff again (in a good way) but if we do, i know once again we'll receive the very best of care.

Response from Lister Hospital

Thank you so much for your kind words. We will share your comments with our team, though they’ll say they’re just doing their job (but secretly, they’ll be delighted to receive your feedback). We hope that your father is doing well, and please pass on our best wishes.