"Rude staff, poor communication, disappointed."

About: Heartlands Hospital

Patients left in undignified states, as was I. In between visiting hours the care is far worse than the situation during visiting hours which helps maintain a reasonable image to relatives visiting. I and my family experienced violation of policies regarding the mental capacity act and decisions regarding care. A series of poor clinical decisions which lead to a cycle of deterioration of my own health, being moved into wards with lower standards of care prematurely resulting in an acute deterioration and re-admittal to high dependency or intensive care units (happened a number of times over more than 4 months). Decisions made clearly influenced by other agendas (financial, meeting figures, etc.). Rude, confrontational, provoking behaviour from consultants and unhelpful nurses. Very much doubt this review will be published. Very disappointed in our experience.

Response from Heartlands Hospital

Dear Anonymous, I am hopeful that you have received a response from our Patient Opinion site, however if you remain unhappy please feel free to contact the Patient Services Team on 0121 424 0808 who would be more than happy to try and help you. Kind regards Margaret Mitchell Deputy Head of Patient Services

Response from Margaret Mitchell, Deputy head for patient services, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Anonymous, I was very sorry to hear of your experience during your stay at Heartlands, if you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact the Patient Services Team on 0121 424 0808 who will be able to help.

Margaret Mitchell