"Not impressed"

About: North Devon District Hospital

Have had numerous visits to the eye clinic. No communication between staff or patient, never see the same person twice all have different view/opinions Oh and to boot one didn't speak English properly or understand it. On last visit I was told I had sight threating retinopathy! Oddly this consultant hadn't looked at my eyes and it was the first I knew about it, he was most insistent I did know. Funny enough if I had been told that I'm sure I would remember and my surgeon certainly didn't mention it to me. Pre op department fantastic though as were the surgeons and operating staff. So they get 10/10

Dear anonymous

I'm really sorry to learn you has such a disappointing visit to the eye clinic, and that there were aspects of your care and treatment that you were unhappy with. I have shared your comments with the Service Manager for the Ophthalmology department for feedback and reflection.

I would be very grateful if you would contacts PALS ( Patient Advice & Liaison service) on 01271 314090 so we can look into your concerns further.

Whilst your outpatient appointment clearly didn't go well, I was very pleased to see your experience with the pre-op, and subsequent surgery did go well, and I have shared your positive comments with the managers concerned.

Response from North Devon District Hospital

Dear patient, Thank you for this feedback and I am really sorry your visit to the Ophthalmology department did not meet your expectations. We would really like to be able to look into this experience to see what could have been improved. If you would like us to do this, please contact our PALS team on 01271 314 090. Kind regards Katherine