"Like Colwood"

I see nothing has change since the 80s. I was in Colwood (Chalkhill's predecessor) during the early 1980s and the biggest problem for me and friends (some I am still in touch with) was the attitude of the staff toward us. Constant comments about "wasting their time", "your not as ill as some people and shouldn't be here" were a daily occurrence. So sad to hear this still goes on. Do these so called "trained" nurses actually understand the needs of a person, in particular a child with a mental illness regardless of how mild it might be or they consider it to be. Such a shame.

Response from Claire King, PALS Officer, Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your comments. I was very sorry and concerned to read of your experience of Chalkhill hospital. Sussex Partnership rely on people letting us know what they really feel about what we do so that we can offer the best possible services. I wondered if you might be able to contact me directly on the number or email address below, so that we can talk more about your experience with Chalkhill staff members. I can then address this with the CAMHS service directly with a view to improving our service and providing you with a fuller response.

Patient Advice & Liaison Officer