"ankle injury"

About: Mount Vernon Hospital

just felt angry at the attitude of the male nurse i saw...i wss only asking about my plaster which i felt had been put on very loosely at a&e watford..and was concerned itwas not giving my ankle enough support....i was very vunrable and felt that he was uninterested in my case...he was very short with me and i needed just a little more understanding...but in his eyes i was wasting his time....quick bandage and told me to go back to watford if i have any more issues....nice!!

Response from Mount Vernon Hospital

We would like to apologise for the standard of care that you received, it does not meet the standard that we set for ourselves. We would like to look into this matter in more detail, please contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on 01895 279973 As you had the initial treatment at Watford Hospital we therefore had no access to your notes or X-rays. In this situation all we are able to do is to rebandage your plaster to improve the fit and advise you to return to Watford if necessary as any further problems may require the removal and replacement of the plaster and this requires access to the X-rays and notes.