"poor medical care"

About: East Surrey Hospital

I was recently discharged from east surrey, having been diagnosed with diverticulitis. I was started on intravenous antibiotics in the surgical admission unit. A few days later on woodland ward, I was seen by a registrar and 2 junior doctors, who switched me to oral antibiotics. About half an hour after being switched to oral antibiotics, i was visited by the consultant and told that I should still be on intravenous antibiotics and that I should have never been switched to oral antibiotics. And so i put back on intravenous antibiotics. Although I am grateful that this error was picked up early, it has left me with concerns about the medical care in hospital.

Response from Tasha Gardner, Communications Manager, Marketing and Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous

I would like to reassure you the level of medical care provided in the hospital is very good. The Care Quality Commision has, for the last three quarters, rated our Trust as one of the trusts with the lowest levels of risk in the country - meaning our patients can expect high quality, safe services.

kind regards

Tasha

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback and my apologies for the delay in responding. I have passed your comments on to the clinical team who regularly meet to discuss patient care and treatment plans. I would like to reassure you the level of medical care provided in the hospital is very good. The Care Quality Commission has, for the last three quarters, rated our Trust as one of the trusts with the lowest levels of risk in the country - meaning our patients can expect high quality, safe services. Kind Regards Tasha Gardner, Communications Manager