"Aspin ward"

I hope I never have to be involved with this hospital again I have witnessed staff if you can call them that sitting watching television and reading newspapers, one of our family member's went to my mother's room to put clean clothes away and found a member of staff a sleep on her bed, woke up and said to my aunt I'm so tired what is going on in this ward which is Aspin is this because it's for the older members of society and they think no one cares.

Response from Jo Collins, PALS and Complaints Manager , Nursing and Quality, Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership Trust

I am so sorry to read of your experience of our ward, the incidents you have described are not acceptable. We would like to know more details about this and we would be grateful if you could make contact with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0800 073 1778 or 01249 468 261 or via email on awp.pals@nhs.net to provide us with more details to help us address your concerns.

Response from Callington Road Hospital

I am so sorry to read your experience, the incidents you have described are not acceptable. We would like to know more details about this and we would be grateful if you could make contact with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0800 073 1778 or 01249 468 261 or via email on awp.pals@nhs.net to provide us with more details to help us address your concerns. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your experiences and we hope with further details, we will be able to address these issues to ensure we are constantly learning and trying to improve the care that we offer to our service users and their families.