"My Dad was treated in the Burns ..."

About: The James Cook University Hospital

My Dad was treated in the Burns unit (ward 35?) after an accident. His room was better than most hotel rooms, the staff were attentive, courteous and friendly at all times and nothing was any trouble. The follow up care was second to none at the clinic. The consultant, spoke in plain english and spoke with great enthusiasm for his work. A year on and, other than slight discolouration of the area of his burns, you wouldn't know they were as bad as they were. Excellent is the only work that I can use to describe his treatment.

I think that the Hospitals' own Coffee Lounge could be more visibly signed, as the profits are ploughed back into the hospital, unlike Delifresh and WHSmith.

Response from The James Cook University Hospital

We are very pleased to receive such a glowing commendation, for both our staff and our services.

From your comments, staff have reviewed the current signage to the Volunteers Coffee shop, and agree that this signage can be improved. Therefore, please be assured we will take steps to address this, by providing further signs, strategically placed. Signposting has been a high priority within our hospital, and we are very grateful for your comments which will help us to make improvements.