"Once my father got admitted the ..."

About: University Hospital Of Hartlepool

Once my father got admitted the care he received was very good and we felt like we were at last being listened to and he was receivieng some care. He did lose his battle in the end but the support and care we all received during this hard time was excellent (He transferred to James Cook Hospital in the last few days and once again the care we all got was excellent). He was allowed to die with his dignity and pain free.

The interventions that took place (or rather didn't) before he was admitted between ourselves and the services offered by the GP practice and some of the staff that visited him at home was very very poor and we found ourselves having to beg to have him admitted , even though he had stopped eating and was in alot of pain. If I did not work in the NHS and have the info I needed to challange what I was being told I still believe he would have been left to die, in pain, at home

I have only added the comment in relation to the poor service offered by the GP practice and there is nowhere else to comment on such as this feedback is based on Hospitla only.

Response from University Hospital Of Hartlepool

Please accept our deepest sympathies on the death of your father. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on NHS Choices at what must have been a very difficult time for you and your family.