"My fantastic me/cfs long term conditions nurse"

About: NHS Fife

I was diagnosed with Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) in March 2008 and referred to the CFS/me long term conditions nurse. He confirmed the GP's diagnosis and asked how could he help. I told him I just wanted my life back! He listened patiently and kindly, he still does, nothing that bothers me is trivial in his eyes, he has always spurred me on and reminded me to pace myself! I can use the word pace quite easily and no longer be at war with it!

He deserves to be praised and deserves more help. While I cope most of the time with my condition, I know either a phone, text or an email and he will find time in his already overloaded schedule to reply with the necessary details. He has helped me deal with two major relapses and I know I can trust his advice. I know he alone deals with me/CFS sufferers in the whole of Fife and he deserves the extra help to take on an ever increasing need for his services.

I don't understand why there is just one me/cfs long term conditions nurse for all of fife.

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Dear "Strawberry Blonde"

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience of receiving support for your condition. It sounds like the nurse concerned does a great job and does all he can to support you.

I will make sure your positive feedback is shared with the nurse and also with the Management Team.

Many thanks for taking the time to share this

Louise Ewing