"Day Surgery Unit @ Crosshouse"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Accident & Emergency Crosshouse Hospital / General Surgery

Superb Care at the DSU. (Mr Taits team) But I felt very disappointed when I called 111 for help the next day and had an extremely long wait at A&E - 3 hours.

Dear angler,

Thank you for sharing this mixed experience with us. Firstly, I am sorry you found your 3 hour wait in A/E too long. It is never desirable to wait three hours for anything but when you are distressed (and/or) in pain, it must feel like a lifetime. I will make sure the senior manager for A/E receive this for their information. As a Radiographer myself, I understand how quickly A/E can get bogged down as demand and emergencies are beyond our control.

On the other hand I am very pleased you had a good experience with Mr Tait and the team. I will pass this on so they are aware how you felt about your care.

I do hope your wait in A/E did not affect your care and you are recovering from both your ailment and your visit.