"No booking in appointment or scan booked"

About: North Middlesex Hospital

I am registered at North Mid for my pregnancy; I am 11 weeks+4 today. I have not received any information about an appointment for booking in or for the first scan. I know the department received my GP referral as a midwife confirmed this for me on the telephone. She informed me the scan could be scheduled anytime up to 14 weeks+1, however I am aware that the nice guidelines say 13 days +6, and they recommend blood tests etc be done before 10 weeks. I am very concerned that I don't have a appointment and have not seen a healthcare professional since I informed my GP. It is impossible to get through to the department, phone rings incessantly and I have attempted to e mail the head mid wife as suggested in previous complaints but the e mail is just bounced back. I'm nervous about having my Baby at N Midd anyway and this has not alleviated my concerns.

Response from North Middlesex Hospital

So glad that you contacted us, I am the head of midwifery, meredith.deane@nhs.net and if you are able to email me direct this will allow me to ensure your appointments have beem made and letters arranged to send to you.