"I was treated with such kindness and professionalism"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Accident and emergency

3 weeks ago in the early morning I tripped in the road walking towards my car. I went head first into the side of my car and landed on my left shoulder.

I was taken to East Surrey A & E and was treated mainly by Anne Hewlett. Also by a gentleman practitioner and a young nurse. I'm so sorry I didn't get their names.

I had a head injury and a comminuted fracture in my left arm. I was treated with such kindness and professionalism. I want to say an enormous Thank You to you all.

Dear Maggy,

Thank you for posting such a positive story about your recent time in A&E at East Surrey Hospital. On an average day we see about 230 patients in the department so its really good to read that we are able to give such great care when faced with such large numbers of patients.

I will of course ensure that your message is passed to the staff concerned.

Best wishes

Ian

• maggy thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by maggy (the patient)

Dear Ian,

Thank You for your response. I was concerned that I couldn't remember all the names of the people who treated me in A&E Fri June 6th. I remembered A&E practitioner Anne Hewlitt but I couldn't remember the gentlemen practitioner. I now know he is John Stygle. I am so grateful to have had such wonderful care. Thank You.

Maggy

Dear Maggy

Thanks for the update - I will make sure that Anne and John see your comments.

Regards