"I could not have wished for better"

About: City Hospital / Gynaecology

I cannot fault the care I received in June 2014 while on ward D27. All the staff were caring, compassionate, knowledgeable, nonjudgemental, motivational and approachable.

I was on ward D27 for a week following surgery for ovarian cancer. I witnessed fantastic adherence to infection control procedures, and not once did any member of staff have contact with me without disinfecting their hands.

On discharge, I have had open access to cancer nursing staff who have been helpful and reliably "there" when I needed to speak with someone. Continuity of care has been maintained since leaving the hospital 2 weeks ago, and my care at City Hospital remains A1.

Many thanks to all staff who looked after me, I could not have wished for better.

Response from City Hospital

Thank you for giving us such positive feedback on the care that you received at City Hospital. I am delighted to know that you were happy with the quality of care that we delivered. We find it very vital to keep our patients safe and therefore, we always aim to enhance our standard for infection control. Thank you again for your praise for our staff. I will make sure that your feedback will be passed on to D27 ward as I know this will encourage them in continuing their good work. I wish you well, Toby Lewis, Chief Executive.