"Excellent help from the staff of Rotary Ward"

About: William Harvey Hospital

My elderly father was first admitted on to Rotary Ward as an emergency patient in Sept 2013. His stay on this occasion was for 3 months and in that time he was well cared for by all of the doctors and nurses concerned. Unfortunately in January of this year he was again very unwell and the reception staff of ENT were quick to assist my wife in locating father's Oncology doctor who was at another hospital who in turn arranged my fathers admission by telephone. Since then my father has been admitted twice on to Rotary Ward and on these occasions my wife contacted the ward and was either advised to take father to the hospital and a bed would be made available or a doctor has made the necessary arrangements and we have been able to concentrate on assisting father. My father is currently a patient on Rotary Ward, and although he is very unwell he says he feels safe, secure and cared for. Up till now as a family we can only thank the doctors, nurses and receptionists for their kindness and support.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your father's care. I am sorry to hear he is very unwell, it must be a difficult time for you all. I am so pleased that your father feels safe and secure, we are very proud of our staff who really try hard to make a difference. We have a fantastic team on Rotary ward, led by a very talented ward manager.

Thank you again for your feedback.