"My care at Wycombe General Hospital"

About: Wycombe Hospital / General surgery

I had an operation in February and another last month at Wycombe General Hospital. On both occasions I was then taken to Ward 12, Bay 4.

Having had an operation some six years ago and found the after-care on that ward poor, I was in some trepidation. However, the care I received bore no similarities with my previous experience.

Although I cannot name everyone involved and do not recall all the names, I would like to say how comforting it was to me to receive the reassuring words of Nurse Karla Meadows, who freely gave me the time I needed, and the diligent care given by another nurse, Eva. Also I much appreciated the work of Betty Baker who takes the trouble to do the little things which make a big difference to patients who naturally feel vulnerable at such times.

It meant a lot when the Deputy Ward Manager unhesitatingly allowed me to use the hospital phone to contact my rather anxious family as I had no mobile. May I also add a big thank you to the Anaesthetist's Assistant (? Celia) who I met immediately prior to the operation in February. Her manner expressed precious empathy and her warm smile made me feel everything was going to be alright.

Response from Anthony Banton, Patient Experience Manager, Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear responder

Thank you for your comments about the care you received whilst on ward 12. Your comments have been passed onto the team you complimented to encourage them.

• Mum to Cavalier thinks this response is helpful