"Burnt legs Blister"

About: Newquay Hospital

I attended the unit whilst on holiday on the 13th and 14th June. I burnt my lower leg and feet on the beach on a windy day, I was wrapped up well and cream on as im a redhead i am always careful however the next day these massive blisters appeared on my legs and I attended the unit where I was bandaged on both legs. The service given to me was fanatastic infact far better than the service I got when I returned home from holiday. My burns was so severe I had some sort of reaction and it took two days for them to appear. My own surgery said that without the quickness and effort at this unit I would have ended up admitted to the serious burns unit here in Kent. My bandages finally came off after being changed daily today 24th and I have to go sick from work for two weeks. I cant thank you enough for your kindness and how quickly and efficiently you helped me with something that could have become far worse.

Response from Newquay Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. We want to make sure that our teams know when they have made a positive difference, so we will pass your appreciation on to those who were involved in your experience of care during your visit to the Minor Injury Unit at Newquay Hospital.