"Mixed wxperience"

About: Princess Royal University Hospital (Orpington)

I attended outpatients today, the clinic was an hour and a half behind and so there's was a very long wait. I've not attended this hospital before, the parking was dire! After driving round and round the care park for 40 minutes i gave up a tried to find a residential street to no avail, I tried the hospital again as I was getting very close to my appointment time (unbeknownst to me that wouldn't have mattered given the delay) and found myself at the rear of the hospital and managed to find a space. A really kind member of staff from the estate department took pity on me and let me in a rear entrance as i had my toddler in her buggy I was now almost late and actually took me to where I had to go, I am so grateful to them. The receptionists were curt and short and unhelpful at all times both at arrival and on leaving and needing to make further appointments and take a slip to radiology, I was spoken to in a most exasperated tone when I didn't know the way and asked at the desk. The nurse in the clinic and the registrar however were kind and professional. It's a shame the support staff let the hospital down.

Response from Princess Royal University Hospital

Would you be able to contact us and let us know where you were attending because it sounds as though it was an outpatient clinic and not the urgent care centre. We would want to know where the rude and unhelpful receptionists were based and to identify why there was such a significant delay in clinic. We are aware of the limited capacity of the car park and try to keep traffic moving at times when it is full, I am sorry that you had such a frustrating experience when you had a small child with you.