"Treated with disrespect"

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

Waited nearly 4 hours on a Monday afternoon after been seen by a nurse who asked ' we'll what do you want me to do about it' and ' why didn't you go to your gp' also stated ' it's not an accident or emergency' let alone I was in pain and could not sit up properly, near enough the whole of the waiting area were seen before me and I am utterly disgusted with the way I have been treated today!! I was just left sat there waiting with no one to tell me how long I would have to wait

Response from Marion Brown, Head of Complaints and Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS), Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

I am very sorry to hear about your poor experience at the Hospital, but we would really like to be able to look into this further as this is not the type of behaviour we would expect from our staff. Please could you contact our Patient Experience Team at PHT.PatExp@porthosp.nhs.uk or telephone 0800 917 6039.

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in responding to you. We are very sorry to read of your concerns and would be grateful if you would contact our Patient, Advice and Liaison Service if you would like to discuss this further as they would be more than happy to discuss this with you.