"Appreciation to all"

About: Princess Royal University Hospital (Orpington)

Monday 19th June 2014 1.00pm Turning up early for A&E before an appointment in the planned investigation unit I went to the main entrance. At reception I was directed to A&E. I set off and the receptionist came after me, asked if he could get a wheel chair push me as he could see I was in a lot of pain. What a lovely gentleman and although I declined as I could not sit, I was so appreciative of a beyond the call help. I went into A&E and spoke to the screening nurse who was amazing. She explained various options and agreed it would be prudent to meet the appointment and return to A&E if required. Again so helpful and kind. The Planned Investigation Unit held their own too. Helpful, cheery, informative, sympathetic. Each nurse, doctor and surgeon alike. I was in so much pain which turned out to be an abscess. I would like to thank each and every one of them who surpassed all my expectations by a country mile. Please pass my gratitude forward to them.

Response from Princess Royal University Hospital

Please be assured that I will be delighted to pass on your thanks to all the staff in the different areas who provided you with such help and support.