"Lack of care and infection control"

I'm not going to let one nurses bad practise reflect on the entire hospital but being a nurse myself at King's college hospital I was shocked at the lack of care and infection control at Brentwood community hospital from my nurse, On 19/06/2014 I was sent by my GP to get blood tests to the hospital for a 2:30 appointment, when I arrived the receptionist was very helpful, I went to wait outside the area I was directed to and a short while later the nurse called me through, she did not greet me nor tell me anything about what she was going to do (she didn't even ask me to sit in the chair) she simply took the paper work off me. I watched her carefully from this point and at no point did she wash her hands nor put on gloves , she simply asked me what arm and went straight in, she didn't even swob the area where she took the blood sample from, which being it was a warm summers day the sweat and dirt picked up throughout the day could easily contaminate the needle. Very unimpressed with this nurses professionalism.

Response from Brentwood Community Hospital

Many thanks for your comments which will be passed on.