"Excellent care following a dog bite"

About: Whiston Hospital

On Friday the 13th June I sustained a dog bite to my hand. I attended Whiston A&E department and was seen almost immediately by a very competent nurse, sent for an Xray again staff were excellent,returned to the A&E and was admitted to 3a. The care pathway the Unit have is outstanding. All the staff on 3A (domestics, food handlers, nurses, doctors) were exceptional, the care was holistic and I could not fault anything.The ward environment was comfortable and was cleaned to a very high standard. I went to theatre the following morning, the anaesthetist was brilliant and so was the recovery nurse. The NHS staff has been getting a lot of bad press recently and from my experience it is unjustified. All the departments I encountered showed great commitment to patient care and they deserve to be praised.

Response from Whiston Hospital

Thank you for your kind comments following your attendance at the Emergency Department and inpatient stay on ward 3A at Whiston Hospital. We are pleased to hear you had such a positive experience and will forward your comments to the staff involved in your care.