"Physiotherapy"

About: King's Mill Hospital

I have had a nightmare with physiotherapy at this hospital. No one ever answers the phone! I have been trying for 4 days to book an appointment as they wouldn't let me book it face-to-face and instead waited and sent me a letter asking me to ring up - complete waste of time! No one seems to work there past 3pm. How is that right? I injured my ankle in January and despite my consultant insisting that I should be seen twice a week by physio I have been seen a grand total of 4 times. Now I know the NHS is stretched but this is ridiculous. My injury has been made worse due to my inability to mobilise the joint due to a lack of contact with the physios. My achilles tendon has now shortened and I may need an operation which will cost the NHS even more money. Oh well, I suppose I'll have plenty of time to ponder this while I sit with the phone ringing for another 40 minutes a day while no one answers. Not good enough King's Mill.

Response from King's Mill Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. We have reported your comments to the Therapy Services team. If you would like to discuss this please contact our Customer Services team on 01623 672222, they are available during normal working hours and will be able to provide assistance should you have any further difficulties.