"Ambulatory care unit"

About: The Whittington Hospital

The new unit is wonderful, clean, comfortable, well designed. I loved the colours and the wall drawings. The reception staff were friendly and efficient, and all the nurses and doctors kind and prepared to explain what they were doing. I had to come daily for five days and the staff were as good each time. I was initially in A and E late at night and the medical team were fine but the reception staff were very disinterested and inefficient . The waiting room there is hideous, uncomfortable and grimy. Can you make a transformation there like the ambulatory unit? I'm sure the public behave better if the surroundings are better. Overall the care was great and I think the NHS is brilliant!

Response from The Whittington Hospital

Thank you for the compliments of our Ambulatory Care Unit which has only recently been opened. We are proud of the staff and environment and have passed your comments onto the relevant staff. We are sorry your experience in A/E was not so good and that reception staff did not provide the customer care we expect of all our staff. We have passed the concerns you raised with A/E managers who are training all reception in customer care. We can also reassure you that there are plans to improve the environment in the waiting area which we agree does not meet the high standards of the Ambulatory Care Unit.