"Curtesy and Expertise were Evident"

About: Grantham & District Hospital

I had an appointment with a heart consultant at 8.30am. In fact, I as originally told that I could not even get into the reception area until 8.30 so I realised that It would be unlikely that my appointment would be on time. I found the reception staff curteous and helpful. I eventually had my consultation at about 8.40 and the nurse who gave me preliminary test prior to the consultant seeing me was friendly and competent although it was evident she did not realise that she would be working in the department that day, until the last moment. The consultant was excellent and very reassuring. His expertise and knowledge of my condition was faultless and I left feeling reassured. Thank you Grantham Hospital.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Mr Pratchett

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience in the Out-patient Department at Grantham & District Hospital. I am pleased that you found the staff courteous and friendly. Care and competence are qualities which are important for nurses, and I will ensure that they receive your comments.

Ruth Martinelli

Clinic Sister

Response from Sharon Kidd, Patient Experience and Engagement Manager, Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Mr Pratchett

I am very grateful for your very kind words about me, the nursing staff and our Hospital. It means a lot to all of us. Such nice gestures go a long way to create an atmosphere of goodwill and boost the morale of the staff.

Many thanks once again