"Flexible sigmoidoscopy"

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital / Gastroenterology

I attended the Gastroenterology Unit for a flexible sigmoidoscopy a few months ago. I was seen on a Saturday morning and was seen on time and talked through everything by a lovely nurse. I was very nervous and scared before the procedure but was met with a lovely male nurse who held my hand throughout the procedure and comforted me when I started to cry. The gentleman who carried out the procedure was also lovely and chatted to me throughout to try and make me comfortable. After the procedure a lady sat with me and gave me tea and biscuits and was very friendly and warm.

I just wanted to say thank you very much to everyone who was involved in my care.

We are pleased to know that your procedure went well and that the staff looked after you when you were anxious. Your feedback will be passed to the Matron for gastroenterology.

Response from Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

We are pleased that our staff were able to comfort you during your procedure. Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments.