"Outstanding care. Well done Macclesfield!"

About: Macclesfield District General Hospital

I was admitted to ward 6 on 19th May for a Knee Replacement. The following day I had a massive stomach bleed and subsequently had to have treatment for this including an endoscopy. I had to stay in hospital for 5 nights instead of an expected 3 nights. The care I received during my stay was outstanding. This was from my consultant and his team, the Ward Sister, all the nurses, the physio team, the Health Care Assistants ( a special mention for their kindness, patience and professionalism in dealing with the two elderly ladies on my ward), and all the staff involved in my care following the bleed. Thank you Macclesfield. Your orthopaedic department is a credit to you.

Response from Macclesfield District General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on the NHS Choices website. I was sorry to read that you had to stay at Macclesfield Hospital longer than you originally expected but delighted to read about the excellent care you received during this time. I have passed your comment on to the Orthopaedic department as such comments are a real boost to staff morale.