"Two good maternity experiences"

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital / Maternity

We all hear the horror stories and I don't think people hear enough of the good stories.

In the last 3 years I have given birth twice at the Norfolk and Norwich hospital. The first time was January 2012 with our first daughter on the midwife led unit the whole experience was amazing and even when I haemorrhaged they were fast acting and couldn't fault the team as well as staff attending to me they had a member of staff with my husband.

And in November 2013 after a close friend having a bad experience on the delivery suite I was very nervous about giving birth on here. However, there was no need to feel nervous the midwives were amazing and due to my last experience of haemorrhaging they took all this into account and helped me the whole way through.

The fears I had were put to rest and they made me feel so relaxed. I wish I could remember everyone's name as one of the midwives were just about to finish her training and she will make a great midwife.

We are very pleased to hear that the midwives were able to help you feel relaxed during the birth of your children. We will pass on your feedback to the maternity team.

Response from Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience in the maternity unit. We are pleased to hear that the staff were able to support you all the way through the birth.