"Furious at disregard for basic politeness"

About: Heartlands Hospital

I have just returned from Heartlands, having made an 'appointment' to see a doctor to discuss a relatives condition.

Having taken almost 3 hours out of work, and being fleeced of £3.75 to park, they did not bother to turn up, or even contact me to cancel when they decided to have a 'teach-in'. How rude can you be?

This is the second occasion I have made an appointment, because they have asked to see me; the first one was not even put into the ward diary, so it was not kept, even though two others had travelled from Cornwall and Chester specifically for the meeting. They will not talk to me on the telephone, even though they can call me at anytime day or night to tell me that my relative has taken a turn for the worst - so called patient confidentiality does not come into it then.

I am absolutely furious at the total disregard for basic politeness, and I will be writing to the Chief Executive to express my anger, disgust and dissatisfaction.

Response from Mark Newbold, Chief Executive, Heart of England Foundation Trust

Dear katycool1

I am really sorry to hear this, there is no excuse for lack of courtesy I agree. I have received your letter and I am looking into what happened. I will then write back to you in detail.

My apologies to you

Mark Newbold

Response from Heartlands Hospital

Dear Sir or Madam, I am extremely sorry to hear that you have had 2 wasted journeys to Heartlands Hospital in order to speak to one of our doctors regarding your relative. I note that you have stated that you will be writing to our Chief Executive; however you can contact our Patient Services Team on 0121 424 0808 who will be willing to assist you. Regards Patient Services Team