"barium swallow and meal at the Royal Blackburn"

About: Royal Blackburn Hospital / Accident and emergency

From the nurses calling me in. to finishing quite a while later, NOTHING was too much trouble. I am no good at names. but from the radiologist to the nurses. they were fantastic. they made me feel relaxed. and spoke to me. helped me anyway they could. and when it was over I said I was more than ready for a (BREW)and the nurse even made me one. absolutely fantastic. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend BLACKBURN ROYAL. thankyou. A *****

Response from Wendy Stobbs, Patient Experience Manager, East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Endoscopy service, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will pass on your comments to the team. Also if you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that could be shared with other teams as a way to make our other services more personal we would really value this. You can either contact me (Wendy Stobbs) on 01254 734471 or email me on wendy.stobbs@elht.nhs.uk.

Once again many thanks

Response from Royal Blackburn Hospital

Dear 59Patsy First of all apologies for the late reply to your posting, Patient Opinion had not made me aware that you had posted a comment and it is only now that it has come through NHS Choices that I have been notified. Many thanks for your lovely comments on your experience of Royal Blackburn Hospital, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I am very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care. If you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Wendy Stobbs) on 01254 734471 or email me on wendy.stobbs@elht.nhs.uk. Or if you would like to share your experience in confidence with an independent organisation please contact Healthwatch BwD on 01254 504985 or info@healthwatchblackburnwithdarwen.co.uk Many thanks again for commenting and best wishes Wendy Stobbs, Senior Patient Experience Facilitator