"Excellent care overall"

About: The Heart Hospital

I found the nursing staff were truly amazing. I therefore found it upsetting to witness junior doctors treating nurses badly, I witness doctors shouting and being other wise rude to nursing staff on several occasions.....I also wanted to make a suggestion.... I suffer from generalized anxiety disorder....and I found medical staff had little knowledge of how to handle this...whilst I don't expect everyone to be expert (it is a heart hospital after all), maybe the hospital could run brief short training seminars for staff just to improve their perception and care of patients with mental health conditions.

Response from The Heart Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us. We're so pleased you were happy with the care and attention you received from the Cardiothoracic nursing staff and will feed this back, however we are very sorry to hear about your recent experiences relating to medical staff. We would be grateful if you could contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) via pals@uclh.nhs.uk or by calling 0845 155 5000 ext 73042 so that we can investigate this matter further.