"Autonomic Clinic"

About: National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery, Queen Square

I was originally referred to the Autonomic Unit by my Cardiologist and Nephrologist in September 2013, several letters later to one of the Consultants I eventually get an appointment in April 2014 even though I received letters stating that I should be admitted for tests on a fairly urgent basis. Still waiting.... No follow up correspondence letter to myself or other Doctors who look after me, phoned to find out where I am on the waiting list for tests, told could be up to a year, might not be here in a year, need help now. What a shambles of a unit, totally disorganised, non communicative and uncaring, what else can I say.

Response from National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery, Queen Square

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us. We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience regarding the Autonomic Unit at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery. We would be grateful if you could contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) via pals@uclh.nhs.uk or by calling 0845 155 5000 ext 73042 so that we can investigate this matter further.