"Caring staff on ward 31 at Leicester General"

About: Leicester City PCT Leicester Royal Infirmary / Gynaecology

My mother was a patient on ward 31 at the Leicester General for the treatment of a prolapse. The caring attitude from the staff towards her was most pleasing.

However, there is much difficulty in getting aftercare for my mum, who lives by herself. I can only visit 2-3 times per week, as I have other commitments. There is a lack of communication between community nurses, GP and the hospital. Although the community nurses have been brilliant, the GP is just grumpy and rude to my mum.

Response from Leicester Royal Infirmary

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about your experience at Leicester’s Hospitals. We realise a significant amount of time has passed since you posted your comment and we would like to sincerely apologise that we did respond to in a timely manner. We have since updated our process of responding to reviews posted on NHS Choices and are now committed to making sure we respond to comments within 21 days of the date they are posted. If you would still like you comment or concern to be investigated, please contact PILS on 08081 788337 or online at www.leicestershospitals.nhs.uk/patients/patient-welfare/patient-information-and-liaison-service/contact-form/. If you have any other specific questions or comments, please feel free to contact us on communications@uhl-tr.nhs.uk. Thank you Communications Team Leicester’s Hospitals