"Mother and heart attack"

About: William Harvey Hospital

My elderly mother, a retired doctor, had a heart attack and was taken to the William Harvey. She has surgery (stents) by a very competent doctor who explained everything. The Coronary Care unit was well run and communication was good. Most impressed with the clinical care recieved and the sister was excellent on CCU. I ended up writing to the Trust Director at the time as the reception services were simply not working - contracted out to Capita, as are all the support services including portering. The receptionist did not turn up for work, and so outpatients and even the volunteers had to cover, despite not being informed. I thought it was a disgrace that a subcontractor should get away with this - it is just not fair on the NHS staff and volunteers who often have to step in and fill the gaps. So I wish there was a space where I could praise the staff and pan the subcontractors as that would be fair. But the main point is my elderly mother was treated well and her surgery worked, the rest are annoying details.

Thank you very much from providing us with feedback and I am glad that you were happy with the care we provided for your mother. I am sorry to read that we disappointed you with regards to the reception area. I will raise the concerns with provider of the reception service. Just to say that the provider is not the company you have identified.